- 1 kg of whole meal flour
- Kardynałki TAGO
- 10 egg yolks
- 100 g yeast
- ½ cube of butter
- 2 tbsp of spirit
- 2 glasses of milk
- ½ a glass of fine sugar
- 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1,5 kg of lard
To do list:
- Beat egg yolks and sugar to a white, fluffy mass. We will need them in a moment.
- Sift the flour together with salt and vanilla sugar into a large bowl through a sieve. Add the risen leaven and combine with a wooden spoon to form a homogeneous mass.
- Add egg yolks to the prepared pastry and knead the pastry for about 20 minutes using the best food processor with a hook tip. The finished cake should easily leave the hand.
- Add melted butter and spirit to the prepared pastry. Knead the whole contents. Cover the prepared pastry with a cloth and leave to rise for about an hour and a half.
- Place the risen pastry on a flour-covered board and use a roller to roll out the dough to about 2 cm thick.
- Cut out the doughnuts from the pastry using a glass. Leave the prepared circles on the board to rise (about 30 - 40 minutes).
- We dissolve the lard in a pot. Using a kitchen thermometer we watch the temperature 170-185 degrees Celsius. We will fry in it.
- Then fry the grown doughnuts in portions - making sure that the temperature of the lard does not fall below the set temperature. Put the fried doughnuts on a paper towel to get rid of fats.
- Sprinkle the doughnuts with your favourite jam and sprinkle with powdered sugar or icing.
TAGO products used in the recipe: